Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 9 CFB Picks ATS

Time to get back on track. No need to talk about it, just need to pick 5 winners so let's get to it.

Clemson -3.5 @ Ga Tech. As I've said before, I like hot teams, and I'm going to continue to ride Clemson this week. They are talented and confident and I think teams are really going to have trouble stopping them, including the Jackets. Clemson will be focused and trying to move up in the BCS standings. However, Ga Tech is going the other way. They can definitely score (maybe OVER) a little bit, but not enough to hang with the Tigers. Clemson should roll, even on the road. I realize that Clemson is due to shit the bed and this has trap game written all over it, but I don't care because I try to focus on the field (and if I am wrong, feel free to say "told you"). 3.5 units. Loss.

K-State +13 vs Oklahoma. No one has believed in K-State all year, and the trend continues. Make no mistake, the Sooners are the better team and will almost certainly win, but 13 points at home with a confident team is enough for me. Wildcats are solid all over the field and play the right way. I do think it will be hard for OU mentally after losing to an undermanned Red Raiders team at home and almost certainly costing them a chance to play for the BCS championship, despite starting the season as #1 in AP poll. Still extremely talented so can put points on the board quickly, but I'm rolling with the steady Wildcats. 2 units. Loss.

Michigan State +4 @ Nebraska. Alright, I've clearly flip-flopped on Sparty so that could easily cost me as well, but if you can't beat them, join them right?? I'm 0-3 with Sparty and I've been on both sides this year. I'm sick of it, this time I confident Michigan State will be able to handle a very one-dimensional Husker team, even on the road. Spartans are a veteran group and have already won at Michigan and so I'm not too worried about the crazy environment in Lincoln. I'm also just not sold on the Huskers so that makes it easier. Huge game in terms of Big Ten race and despite MSU coming off two emotional games, I don't think they'll have trouble getting up again - again, give me momentum and confidence every day!! 2.5 units. Loss.

Stanford -7.5 @ USC. If you want to talk about streaks, this is probably the team to talk about. We all know about Luck, but they are very balanced and therefore extremely tough to stop. Also, with Luck as the leader, I'm not that worried about going on the road. I realize USC is playing better and will be confident after winning in ND, but that is tainted in my view because the Irish were back to their old tricks of giving the ball away and killing themselves. It wasn't long ago people (including me) that USC may be terrible. Well, there are not, but I think they are a ways from being in Stanford's league. With the BCS calculation the Cardinal has every reason to try to blow out the Trojans. I'm just not sold on USC being ready for primetime, we'll see. 3 units. Win.

Florida +2.5 vs. Georgia. Can the Gators keep losing? Are they that bad? I don't think so. Their D is legit and I think getting Brantley and Demps back will be huge. I know Murray is good, but I don't think they have enough around him to beat the Gators. Florida has limited weapons and without Brantley and Demps they were really limited, but with those 2 back I think they have enough to move the gains on an iffy Bulldogs D. Forgive me, I'm just a big fan of the Florida coaching staff and I think they right the ship this week, not to mention I like getting the 2.5 points. Can't be overly confident here, but feel the Gators right the ship. If not, at least you can't say I'm not consistent. 2 units. Loss.

There you have them, the picks that will get me back on track!!

Go Cardinals and offense in the BYU/TCU game!!

Good Luck!
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment