Friday, November 4, 2011

Week 10 CFB Picks ATS - turnaround time!

Time to get back on track this week. I apologize for the tardiness of my picks, but had to travel this week for "work" so I'm a little behind. That being said, I do feel pretty good this week about my ability to get back on track. Everyone has down periods, but the key is to weather the storm and come back strong, so here we go....

Michigan -4 @ Iowa. Go Big Blue! I think Michigan has a lot more to play for this week than Iowa does. I'm also just not sold on Iowa this year and I don't think they have the athletes necessary to stop Shoelace and the Michigan offense. I must admit, backing the Wolverines is always a little testy with their suspect D, but I am not convinced Iowa has enough firepower to take advantage. Michigan just can't afford to drop one at this stage and even on the road I think they know that and will act accordingly. 3 units. Loss - I can't stand watching Michigan.

Oklahoma -13.5 vs Texas A&M. We all say the debacle that was the Texas Tech game, but then we say them rebound (to my surprise) and just pound K-State on the road. I think that focus and execution continues and they just blast the Aggies in Norman. A&M has some weapons on offense, but we've that their D is poor and that just doesn't work against OU as they can put points on the board in a hurry. Also, I think the Sooners believe they are still in the BCS picture and realize they need to impress the computers (is that possible?). 2.5 units. Win.

Arkansas -4 vs S. Carolina. I know the Hogs have gotten off to a few slow starts recently, but I can blame that on lack of focus due to their opponents (I'm not condoning it, but see it a lot). I do not think that will be an issue this week at home. They are still theoretically in the hunt in the SEC (not really) and they have a talented offense. The Gamecocks had a huge blow in losing Lattimore a few weeks ago and are now just limping to the finish line of the season (which they have struggled at recently anyway). I don't think S.C.'s D can slow down the Hogs enough for the Gamecock offense to keep up. 4 units. Win.

Arizona St. -9.5 @ UCLA. UCLA is just not very good. They have gotten blow out by any decent, much less good, team they have played this season. The Sun Devils are very solid and focused as they are leading their division of the PAC-12. It is a big number to lay on the road, but it hasn't matter with UCLA, they just can't compete with the middle tier teams and up. 3 units. Loss.

LSU +4.5 @ Alabama. Sorry Joker, you know I'm generally a Bama fan as well (not to the same level), but I just can't pass up LSU +4.5. I think Bama likely wins this game, but I'm convinced it is an absolute war and getting points in those games is always a safe play. Further, I'm not convinced that A.J. is ready for this one; in fairness, now is ready for LSU's D, but I believe this game will be heavily impacted by TO's and A.J. is one of the more likely candidates to commit a big one. Probably should just watch this one as a fan, but how can you not be involved in the best game of the year (and possibly years). 2 units. Win.

There you have it, the rebound picks! Again, apologize for the delay, especially to the anonymous poster who is heading to Vegas to make mounds of money - I'm jealous!!!! Good luck to all!!

CK

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna go 4 for 5. That's all I'm gonna say.

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've lost all credibility by not getting your post up for this week...I like reading your blog, man, but no one's going to take you seriously if you just randomly decide to skip a week...

    ReplyDelete