Friday, November 23, 2012

CFB Picks ATS

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is now reemerging from the food/alcohol coma.  The season is quickly winding up and CK has just not been able to get on track.  But, as in all sports the key is to finish strong and luckily Joker has let me hang around and still have a chance to not finish last in the Pick-em league (baby steps right?).  Let's get to it.

Clemson -3.5 vs S. Carolina.  Clemson is really playing well and should be seeking some revenge this year as the Gamecocks have owned them recently.  SC has had a tough season with the Lattimore situation and I just don't think they'll be quite as focused, and I expect they will have trouble moving the ball with the Tigers.  Overall, missing your best player on each side of the ball is tough, especially on the road, and against top flight competition.  Therefore, I think Clemson covers.  4 units.

Notre Dame -5 @ USC.  This could be a trap game, but I don't really know how 2 teams could have different mindsets than this one.  ND knows that all they have to do is win and they will play for the BCS title so they should be incredibly focused and amped up.  On the other hand, USC is without their star QB and is not eligible for a bowl and has a terribly disappointing season.  The only chance they care is to derail a rival (which may be enough). On top of all of this, USC's rolling out a QB who has thrown 9 passes in his career.  I'm sure he's good (or will be), but that is tough against a very good Irish D.  I realize USC has lots of talent all over the field, but I just can't believe in this situation they are able to pull it together when they haven't been able to all season.  3.5 units.

Stanford -2 @ UCLA.  I have been struggling to win a play on UCLA (either side) all year, but I'm going to keep trying.  I think the Cardinal will be confident and focused after last week with a chance to go to the PAC12 title game on the line.  I'm not sure UCLA will share the same focus after beating their rival Trojans last week.  3 units.

Vandy -11 @ Wake Forest.  Yes, laying 11 points on the road with Vandy is tough, but WF is bad, real bad, and Vandy is certainly playing well.  Although WF may be trying to salvage their season, I expect they will be demoralized quickly as I can't believe their confidence is high as they just suffer beating after beating.  On the other hand, Vandy is a solid football team that got off to a shaky start but seems to have found a rhythm.  2 units. 

Florida St. -7 vs Florida.  I expect the Gators to really struggle to move the ball in this one (I'm sure I'm not alone there); and while the Noles will not run up and down the field, I expect they'll find some success throwing against the Gators.  Unlike some of the other games, both teams here certainly will be fired up because the game has real meaning and is a rivalry, but I just think FSU has too much on both sides of the ball.  They slipped up against a poor NC State team, but generally the Noles have been rolling people all season and not getting much respect, I think that ends on Sat after they roll the Gators.  3.5 units.

There you have it, 5 picks to finish strong in the last week of the regular season.  Good luck to all.

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment