Tuesday, November 15, 2011

College basketball season is upon us.....

For those of you who's interest stems beyond football, I'll provide a few CBB picks for tonight as well. I enjoy CBB as much as CFB, but due to when lines are posted and my job, it is much harder to post plays. However, today I was able to look and so I thought I would provide my thoughts for those who may have an interest.

U.K. -6.5 v Kansas. Kentucky is what you'd expect, young, athletic and deep. They will have their growing pains, but Coach Cal is a master at limiting those. All of these young kids are feeling each other out and working hard for minutes, so the intensity will definitely be there. KU is a solid group, but I think they are over-rated, especially early with all of their newcomers (and since their best frosh are in street clothes). I don't think KU will be ready for the explosiveness that the Wildcats will bring. Win - as expected UK is just too athletic; as will be the case much of this year. Some growing pains for sure, but really tough on D.

Duke -6 v. MSU. This line may have moved to 6.5 some places, but I still like it. MSU typically struggles early in the year and this year they look like they will really struggle to shoot the ball. Scoring on Duke is never easy, but without shooters it is much more difficult. Duke usually plays very well in the Garden and have great FT shooters for down the stretch if that becomes necessary. I also think this line may be a little low because Duke didn't blow out Belmont, but people may not realize how legit Belmont is this year. Loss - don't really know what to say other than "huh"??? Up 11 with the ball and 2 min left with Duke -6; I'd take that every time; but here the Devils just absolutely fell asleep. I know K won 903 but he should be ashamed at this BS.

Good luck!
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment