Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 12 CFB picks ATS

Alright, this is getting depressing; I haven't had a good week in a month and it is not fun! Time to change that. I do have to give props to Blanket for his 10-0 run lately - impressive!! I think CK needs to finish the season with something comparable. This week, a little bit against my normal grain, I've got all more than 7 point spread games this week, but I'm sticking with my theory of riding the hot teams. Here goes.

OU -14.5 @ Baylor. I know, I saw Joker picked this already, but I made this play Sunday night in an effort to make sure the number didn't move and I'm sticking with it as I think OU just runs over the Bears. The Bears pass defense is gross (anyone see the Pokes game?) and L. Jones will light them up. OU is hoping that a 1-loss team can play for the BCS so they are focused on impressing the computers and should hang a number on Baylor this week. RGIII is solid and will do his part to try to hang around, but it won't be enough. 3 units. Loss.

Oklahoma St. -26.5 @ Iowa St. Weeden and the offense are just in such a groove that it is hard not to jump on the bandwagon; so here goes. Iowa St. isn't good and will have no chance to keep Okie State below 50 and I can't see the Cyclones scoring 4 times. 2.5 units. Loss - apparently they didn't want to play in the BCS game after all.

Houston -19.5 v. SMU. Another big number to cover, but another hot QB. Keenum is really in a rhythm and at home I don't think they'll have a problem with SMU. I'm 0-1 backing Case/Houston this year, but expect I can turn it around this week (as I may have bet the only game they didn't cover). 3 units. Win - at least the Cougars decided to show up.

Clemson -7.5 @ N.C. State. If you read my picks very often, you've read that I think that N.C. State is not good; well that hasn't changed. Clemson may have cooled off a little as well, but even on the road they should be able to dispense with the Wolfpack without issue. I'm a little hesitant because I don't understand why this line is so low, but instead of trying to figure that out; I'll just make money on it. 2 units. Loss - I failed to realize Clemson would take the week off.

USC +14.5 @ Oregon. USC is playing well, and I like getting more than 2 TDs with Barkley. Yeah, Oregon is certainly rolling and almost always play well at home, but it will be hard for them to get up this week after a huge game in Palo Alto last week. Especially because this Trojan teams does not instill fear in all opponents like past teams have. So, I think there is a little bit of a let down for the Ducks; enough so that USC can hang around and cover the number. 2.5 units. Win.

There you have it, and I just realized that I all of my teams are either red or orange; that has to be good luck right?? Anyway, there you have the picks, hopefully this week will start a solid streak to end the year for CK.

Also, hopefully I'll get a chance to post some more b-ball picks this week. Good luck all.

CK

3 comments:

  1. Well, the reason why the Clemson's line is so low is because they already clinched the atlantic division title, they're ready to play vtech or whoever in the ACC title game for the Orange bowl. There's no reason why they care about NC State.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really like ok state tonight? iowa state has had 2 weeks to prepare for this superbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently both of you were right, not sure what the hell Oklahoma State was doing, it shouldn't matter how many week Iowa State had to prepare, but it seems that the Cowboys were looking ahead to next week. I thought they'd be focused every week sitting in the 2 hole, but clearly wrong. Also, disappointing to see the Clemson kids really just not care. Should have known that is typical Clemson style. Oh well, live and learn.

    CK

    ReplyDelete