Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 8 CFB picks ATS

Alright, 2 positive weeks in a row, nothing earth shattering, but CK's comeback has to start somewhere, and again, can't complain with positive weeks.  Want to also give Joker a shot out for the Ducks pick last night, that worked out well.  So let's get to it and try to keep the momentum going this week.  Again, I'm sticking with the same 2 units across the board for 1 more week.  If we have success again this week I will re-evaluate. 

Clemson -8 vs VaTech.  Clemson is explosive, especially at home and the Hokies D is not up to its usual standard.  Further, I'm unimpressed with the VaTech offense.  So, I like the Tigers to control the game and continue to pull away as the game goes on down in Death Valley. 

LSU -3.5 @ Texas A&M.  LSU had a tough outing against Florida (who is very good) and lost a war on the road, but they are a good team and I expect their offensive to continue to improve - especially with the coming out of the frosh RB.  A&M is 'ok' and at home, but they just aren't ready for the top tier SEC teams yet - no matter where the game is played.  Plus, I think LSU realizes that if it wins out it will still probably be in the BCS game.

WVA -3 vs K-State.  I like the Mountaineers and Geno in a bounce back game.  Certainly possible that I'm not giving K-State enough credit this year, but I don't think they can keep up with WVA at home.  I think they will be focused after getting drubbed last week and end the Wildcats unlikely BCS run.

Michigan -10 vs MSU.  So, am I crazy to lay 10 points in a rivalry game?  I don't think so.  MSU is a mess right now (see last week).  I know they will try to get up for their rival, but I just don't think it will matter in the Big House.  Michigan has too much speed and I think they are improving as the year goes on - something not true of Sparty. 

Texas Tech -1.5 @ TCU.  Similar to MSU, TCU is out of sinc with their QB situation.  The raiders will have confidence after last week and I expect that to carry into this week, even on the road.  I also like laying only 1.5 as it is nearly a pick'em.  Raiders have too much firepower, even against a good Frogs D, for TCU to keep up with.

So, yes, you noticed I have 5 favorites, something I typically don't like to do, but this week I just didn't feel enough confidence with any of the solid teams getting points to be able to support them.  I'm sure plenty will come through, but I like these games where you are essentially in a position to simply decide the winner and so I'll roll with that (except Clemson of course).

Good luck to all and enjoy another solid weekend of college football.
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment