Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week 9 CFB picks ATS

Another positive week last week, so no complaints but really need to string together a few 4-1 or 5-0 type weeks here to get back into the pick'em race as hot as the group has been.  But, just like the teams, have to focus on 1 week at a time and have a good showing.  Also, I'm sticking with what works in terms of not assigning varying units to the games, but I am going to up the ante to 3 units per.  So here we go. 

Kentucky +13.5 @ Missouri.  You probably know by now that I'm a MIZ fan, but really, they have yet to win an SEC game and they are favored by nearly 2 TDs without their starting QB??  I'm sorry, but they are going to have to show me that even at 1-7 UK is THAT bad.  I realize they are not good, and could be flat after almost beating Georgia, but how can the Tigers get fired up for this one either?  They are not a good team and are on a bad run and starting a freshman QB.  I hope this will be their first SEC W, but don't think it will be by 14 points. 

Wisconsin -6 vs Michigan State.  What happened to Sparty?  They are not good!  Wisconsin has had their struggles as well, but they seem to be finding their stride a little bit here of late.  I like them at home as well.  MSU just can't be focused and the Badgers are seeking a decent bowl after an awful start to the season. 

USC -6.5 @ Arizona.  The Trojans slipped up at Stanford and are certainly not the team many thought them to be, but they are still a very good football team with a lot of weapons.  Arizona has looked good at times, but certainly have looked really bad at times too.  I don't think Zona will have ANY success stopping USC and they may put up some points as well on an average at best USC D, they will not be able to keep up for 60 minutes.  Also, in game in which I don't expect too many FG attempts, getting USC under a TD seems like value.

Mississippi St +24.5 @ Alabama.  Have to agree with Joker here.  This is the game of the year for the Bulldogs and despite the fact that Miss St. is ranked 11th, I can't help but think that Bama may be looking (or at least peaking towards next week).  I really don't think Bama will be in danger of losing, but 24.5 is a significant amount of points so I'll take it and hope the Tide gets bored early.  

Kansas St. -7 vs Texas Tech.  I'm starting to get into a pattern of betting either for or against TTech each week, but have to do it again.  I was not necessarily a believer early, but K-State is legit and they are at home.  Tech is a solid team, no doubt, but I think K-State is playing with extreme confidence and will just run up and down the field on Tech.  Tech will score a few, they will not be able to abuse the Wildcat D and so in the end they will run out of gas on the road. 

There you have it, I feel good that this should be my first break-out week of the season and get me right back into the pick'em contest as I am not well-suited to stay in last!!

Good luck.....
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment