Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 3 picks

2 weeks down, and 2 positive weeks, but can't quite get over the hump yet, but I think this week would be as good of time as any to have that breakout week.  That said, I'm fine with a 60% rate all year, but like to get up a little up early for a nice cushion - and to gain some ground in the Challenge as I realize my competitors will not struggle like this for long.  With that, let's get to it!

Va Tech -10 @ Pitt.  Yeah the Hokies are a solid team for sure; and while they haven't been as good as advertised yet, this play is more about Pitt being awful!!  Seriously, this is the type of game you really wonder what is wrong (I've certainly lost my fair share of these tricky games), but I won't stop making the play in these cases.  I know Pitt is at home, but they just suck and haven't stayed within 10 points of anyone - I don't think their turnaround starts here.  3.5 units.  Loss.

Michigan State -5.5 vs ND.  Should be a good game to watch - which never hurts - but I think Sparty has too much.  As you will notice, I'm certainly not afraid of road teams, but here I think we have the better team, who is at home.  Yep, we do have to lay some points to get that scenario, but I'm fine with that.  Sparty is solid, and let's not even get into their success against the Irish recently.  ND is a decent team, but not good or experienced enough to go into East Lansing and keep up with Sparty.  MSU may be underrated as they dominated Boise (but failed to cover - that was frustrating) as they are very balanced and can run the ball and play D - in college especially that is a good combo.  2.5 units.  Loss.

Tenn -3 vs Florida.  So back to the Vols after backing them in week 1 as well.  I think they, and their fans, will be extremely fired up to beat Florida this year as they seem even on paper and Florida has dominated them recently.  The Tenn offense is really explosive and I don't think Florida can keep up.  Florida still has great athletes and is a very solid team, but I think it will be hard to follow up a big win at A&M last week with another good road performance (so partially taking advantage of scheduling this week).  Vols finally get a W against the Gators.  2 units.  Loss.

BYU -3 @ Utah.  So I may not be going with history in this one as BYU has struggled in Utah but this is a new year and new teams.  Also, Utah will have a new QB which I don't think will help them.  BYU is a very solid team and although Houston's D is nice, I think they'll struggle in the game without Wynn.  Again, laying points on the road in a heated rivalry also comes with some risk, but let's be honest, what doesn't??  Cougars handle the Utes here.  3.5 units.  Loss.

Utah St. +13.5 @ Wisconsin.  What is wrong with the Badgers?? Don't know, but they have not looked good - at all.  So, even at home at night, I think their confidence is shaken; and I'm not sure they are actually a good football team.  Utah St. will certainly be fired up and smelling blood as they look to make a name for themselves.  I'm not sold the Aggies can pull it out, but 13.5 is a lot of points for UW to lay here.  2 units.  Win.

There we go, time for a breakout week for CK.  Good luck to all.
CK

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to point out that last week, against Utah State, all of the offense for Utah came in the second half when Johnny Wynn was taken out

    ReplyDelete