Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 4 CFB Picks ATS

OUCH!! Last week was rough.  Not only did I go 1-4, but I got absolutely blitzed in 3 of 4 losses - BYU had a bad break with an 80-yard fumble recovery for a TD, but still.  Nothing much to say except it is time to get lots of games right as I'm now under .500 on the year- just gross.  Let's get to it. 

Boise St. -6 vs BYU.  I'm going back to basics and that means taking the smurfs to cover on the blue field.  BYU has to be reeling a little bit in the confidence department after last week and I just except the Broncos young team to continue to improve each week.  They always play well at home and so I'm pleased to be getting them laying less than a TD.  Smurfs roll on Thursday night to get the week off to a good start.  3 units.

Arkansas -7 vs Rutgers.  Yeah, I know, the Hogs were over-rated to start the season and haven't looked that good.  However, I think they will have a little chip on their shoulder after last week and will want to rebound (or, certainly possible they could just fold) in a big way.  Rutgers is 3-0, but nothing like coming and playing in SEC country, I don't think they have enough talent to do that yet, even if Arkansas is struggling a bit now.  3 units.

UCLA -7.5 vs Oregon St.  The Bruins are solid and I like them playing at home.  The Beavers have only played one game, which I think will be a disadvantage, and it was at home against a terrible Badgers team.  I think it will be very different on the road for the first time against a solid squad.  I was surprised by this line to be honest and just think OSU is getting too much credit for beating a traditional power in Wisconsin (even though they are awful this year).  4 units.

So, there you have my first 3 picks; but I'll be back with 2 more, but wanted to get these posts tonight due to the BSU game tomorrow.  Good luck to all.

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment