Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wwek 5 Picks ATS

First, I apologize for the last posting, if anyone is still following this after my horrendous performance the last two weeks.  Clearly the Chicago Kid is in a bad rut, but time to break out this week.  Not much else to say, so here we go. 

West Virgina -10.5 vs. Baylor.  Geno Smith has been lighting it up and I expect that to continue.  Baylor is a solid team but I think the Mountaineers have too much fire power at home and break this one open in the 2nd half.  2 units. 

Ohio State +3 @ Michigan State.  This was a tough one as I'm not sure how the Buckeyes will respond in what I consider to be there first real game, but I think they'll come out fired up and focused.  Sparty has a solid football team, but the QB play has not been good and I don't think they can just repeatedly pound Bell and have success (see ND game) as OSU does have a solid run defense.  Overall I expect this to be an ugly, low-scoring game with neither team wanting to make a mistake and so I'll take the points.  2 units. 

Arizona -2.5 vs Oregon St.  Yes, the Wildcats got embarrassed last week by the Ducks, but that is part of the reason I like them here at home.  They will want to come back and respond to that awful performance and they have the chance to do so at home.  They are a solid team and I expect them to be focused this week.  Also, I'm not yet sold on the Beavers and think this will be a tough road trip for them.  2 units. 

Alabama -29.5 vs Ole Miss.  Those who follow this know I do not like laying huge numbers like this, but I'll take my chances with the Tide.  They are FAR superior to the Rebels and they are playing at home.  I think the fact that it is an SEC game will allow them to continue to play their starters a little longer and at the end of the day I'm not sure that matters as they back-ups may win this game outright as it is.  Anyway, the Tide will Roll.  2 units. 

Texas -1 @ Oklahoma St.  I like the Horns.  They know what they do and they do it well.  It will be a tough road game, but I'm just not sold that the Cowboys have enough talent to win this game, even at home.  I expect Texas to run downhill on them all night and control the pace of the game.  I also expect their D to create enough pressure to cause some mistakes.  I like the opportunity to get the Horns laying only a point.  2 units. 

As you may have noticed, I have 2 units on all of the games.  I decided that when you got 2-8 over the last 2 weeks it is just time to scale back a bit and pick winners, so that is what I tried to do. 

Good luck, and go USA in the Ryder Cup!
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment